The Executive Director is responsible for providing leadership to meet the mission of the Havre Chamber Board of Directors and for the day-to-day operations of the Chamber. The Executive Director coordinates the activities of the Chamber staff, interacts with the Board of Directors and provides member services. The Executive Director supervises the Chamber Board, Chamber Committees, Chamber events and projects and volunteer activities. The Executive Director is directly responsible to the President (Executive Committee) to the Board of Directors, as well as, the Chamber membership.
The Executive Director shall function as the chief executive officer of the Havre Area Chamber of Commerce. The principle role of the position is to endure the effective operation of the Chamber while coordinating all organizational activities including: programs, projects, committees, membership, training, supervision of staff and
1. Provide leadership to insure that the Chamber functions with maximum efficiency. Identifies and implements solutions to challenges that face the Chamber and community. Exercises leadership in directing studies of new programs and projects, taking into consideration the membership needs.
2. Represent the Chamber at appropriate meetings, serving as a liaison with all groups, being a spokesperson on pertinent issues. Utilizes effective communication skills to counsel and advises on development of programs and activities affecting the business community.
3. Provides advice, counsel and helps with direct activities of the Chamber Committees. Participates on the Central MT Regional Tourism Board, attend the annual Governor’s Conference on Tourism, attend Tourism Advisory Council (TAC) meetings, hold Executive Director Position of Tourism Business Improvement District (TBID) and any other meetings as deemed necessary by the board.
1. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
2. Ability to work with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
3. Knowledge of budgeting and record keeping.
4. Strong organizational skills.
5. Passionate about Havre and the Hi-Line’s Local Economy.
The position is open until filled.