The Oldest Known Back Bar in the State of Montana is the one at the Palace Bar-Havre, Montana. The Bar, owned by Jupe Compton, features quite a bit of interesting history. Manufactutred in St. Louis in 1903, it came to the area on a river boat and was used in Chinook before Prohibition turned the state “dry”. In 1933 it was brought to Havre by the Weyh Bros. and placed in the Palace Bar. As far as it is known, it is the oldest Back Bar in Montana that is still in its original state. It retains the original finish, columns and ornate carvings. Towering to the ceiling, it features a door in one cabinet area, done in the style of a stained glass window.